Today, Leica, announced it’s latest camera, the Leica Q2. An update to their popular Q boasts a brand new, 47mp full frame sensor, water resistant body and more.
Main Features and Benefits
- Newly developed 47.3 MP full frame sensor for best-in-class image quality
- Built-in crop modes are now improved to 30 MP at 35 mm, 15 MP at 50 mm, and 7 MP at a new 75 mm
- Fully weather-sealed to brave the elements and always get the shot while maintaining a compact body
- New 3.68 MP OLED EVF for an improved view of the scene with better color and clarity
- Fixed Summilux 28 mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens for tack-sharp images and impeccable low-light quality
- New processor from the Maestro II family ensuring peak performance at these new heights of resolution
- Fast autofocus and 10 fps burst shooting to never miss a crucial moment
- 4K video with UHD and Cine4K resolutions for easy on-the-go high quality recording
- Refined control elements inspired by design languages established with the Leica M10 and CL
- Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) for easier pairing with Leica FOTOS and a continuous connection
After seeing the specs and details, we can’t wait to see this new camera in person! Stay tuned for a launch event to take it for a spin.
With it’s minimalist look and feel, this camera’s capabilities are fabulous for a variety of photographic genres including: street photography, travel, landscape, documentary and event portraiture.
If you’re already in and ready for your own, shiny, new Leica Q2, Pre-Order yours today!