New from Canon in their mirrorless line up is the: Canon EOS RP!
This is Canon’s, lightest, smallest full-frame EOS camera. Weighing in at 440g (15.5oz), body only, this camera has a pretty stellar line up of tech specs:
- 26.2 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- RF Mount Compatible with RF and EF/EF-S Lenses (with adapter)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for Fast and Accurate Auto Focus
- ISO Range of 100-40,000 for stills & 100-25,600 for video (100-12,800 for 4K Video)
- Built-in EVF with 2.36 Million Dots, Touch & Drag AF
- Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Pair up with the Canon Camera Connect App for a wireless workflow (Available for iOS & Android)
- HDMI, USB-C inputs, as well mic/headphone jacks
- Mode dial for essential manual, aperture or shutter priority modes, as well, custom functions and scene modes.
After the launch of the EOS R line last year, this new camera boasts a lot of superb functionality at a small price point, only $1299, body only.
Already invested in Canon equipment?
If you’re already using Canon camera, this camera would be a great upgrade if you are seeking a lot of camera in a smaller package. While compatible with the R lenses, you can use the EF-EOSR adapter to connect your existing EF/EF-S lenses. This could also be a great camera for someone who’s been contemplating moving into full-frame from a crop sensor camera.
Read more about the new Canon EOS RP here. You can also reserve yours today!