Glazer’s is seeking to hire a buyer to work in our purchasing department. Relevant camera and video knowledge is a priority. Our industry is dynamic and complex, our sku count is high and we work with dozens of vendors and distributors.
We are looking for a competent buyer to select and purchase lines of products on behalf of our company. This is a crucial role as our business relies on having the right items in stock at all time.
The quality and variety of products on our shelves are essential for our success. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be a responsible individual with great attention to detail. As a buyer, you will also need to negotiate with suppliers to secure competitive prices.
The goal is to ensure that the business will always have adequate stock to meets customer demand.
Glazer’s is a leading photo specialty retail establishment for photography and filmmaking equipment, for professionals and enthusiasts alike. We are passionate about supporting our customers and community and to help them pursue their goals. We carry an extensive range of the major brands in the photo/video industry today, we offer a wide range of educational opportunities and have one of the largest rental departments in the country.
- Analyze stock levels and ensure the appropriate amount of product is on order with current vendors for anticipated demand.
- Discover, evaluate and purchase new products and brands with consideration of those already on our shelves
- Evaluate supplier options according to prices, quality, etc. and determine the best retail choices
- Negotiate terms of agreements to achieve the best deal for our company
- Develop sales programs with vendors and marketing and sales departments
- Facilitate vendor rebate promotions within the Point-of-Sale system and make timely reimbursement claims
- Ensure the timely delivery of products and compliance with the contracts of purchase.
- Monitor stock levels and make plans for buying within budget.
- Create and analyze sales reports to understand customer trends and opportunities
- Forge and maintain trusted relationships with suppliers.
- Some possible travel to attend dealer events & trade-shows.
- Proven experience as a retail buyer or relevant role – Photographic background necessary
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Can work in a dynamic and fast paced collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrable aptitude in effective negotiating
- Up to speed with purchasing best practices
- Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Excel is a must.